Most people use Gmail as the main email driver. But what happens if storage is full and cannot get emails? Here’s how to make space for new emails.
Storage issues on Gmail are not new, especially if you use the service as the main email driver. You saw a notification on the page or app that the storage is full and you need to delete older emails to get new emails. Now Google provides 15 GB storage space for free and this storage space includes Google Drive files, emails, Whatsapp chats, Google photos, etc. If you using an Android device so this 15 GB storage space gets easily and fastly fills up.
The emails that are taking space and stopping you from receiving new emails are not a big issue but one easy way out of this space issue is to buy additional cloud storage at Rs 130/month for 100 GB cloud storage. This method will not help you make space for new emails, but you can use this method across Google Drive or other services as well.
Also Read: How to make money online in 5 ways
Rs 130/month is not a big deal especially if you use Gmail and Google Drive as a huge amount as we do. However, there is little catch to this. To buy 100 GB cloud storage you will still have to delete enough data to bring down the storage space used to blow 15 GB first. How can you do that? Firstly you will have to free up space from the Drive or deleting emails from Google Photos.
– On Gmail search run a search with- attachment larger 10 MB. This will pull up all emails that have a size larger than 10 MB.
– Select the ones you don’t need and delete it.
– Empty your trash folder to free up more space in your account. Google automatically clears out emails from the trash that are 30 days old. Also, clear out your spam folder.
– Log in with Google account.
– Here you will see all files that GDrive arranged in descending order according to the amount of space they occupy.
– Delete all the files you don’t need any long.